girls, girls, girls


Wedding Night

I am watching Buffy all over again after a few years' gap and not amazed but definitely thrilled at how well it still holds up. Still funny, still spooky, still relevant.

It's good to hear that Joss Whedon has a new show coming up. It stars Eliza Duchu who played Faith. I have always liked her.

I was also checking out Whedon's entertaining online comic Sugarshock. Within each issue the comic is easy to navigate but finding the next part is fairly difficult. I am including the links to parts 1, 2 and 3 here.

Talking of comics, Chitra Ganesh's new show is opening this week in Chatterjee and Lal, Colaba this week. I would go if I could. I had written about Chitra's Amar Chitra Katha-inspired work here but she has other work just as sensational.

Joss Whedon would love Chitra Ganesh.

6 comments:

She's got a (set of?) lenticular prints, titled "Ghost Writer", which has Zeenat Aman from "Satyam Shivam Sundaram" in bridal finery. Of course as you see it from other angles, it turns her into a zombie. Good fun.

January 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

and the madhubala one is psyched as well

January 4, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

You know the only Nandini Valli (and then she had a Muthaiah to her name) photos I saw was at Click and the half a dozen online. I kept wondering where she and Joseph M Daniel disappeared to.

January 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Wow that's some real different stuff by Chitra Ganesh..Glad I found it. Always liked how comics and books depicted women in the 60s/70s etc. - the big eyes, shy and pretty faces and Chitra's illustration seems to have that. Am going to go through it.

Like your coverage, bollywood, comics, Johnny Gaddaar :-)

January 5, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

CP:thanks

January 8, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

this is a beautiful blog -- pleasing the eye, the neurons, and the viscera. i hope to come back to it soon.

nice job, really.

February 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home