If you are at the baggage conveyor for more than ten minutes and people are still making small talk and smiling vaguely but amiably at each other, darlings, you know you are in Bangalore! But when you hear the same people making small talk in five different languages, then you know you are home!

The bus from the airport was lovely, the weather was perfect, the 1.5 hours from the new airport to my neighbourhood sped by while I grinned foolishly at the most effervescent Kannada soundtracks I have heard in a long time. By the way it did take me less time to get from Mumbai to Bangalore than from the airport to the house.

While I try to locate those songs a hit from my past.

Taaliban alla alla from Appu.



And now that I think of it, a Tamil song that I listened to obsessively one fortnight in Vijaywada.

Uyirin Uyire
from Kaaka Kaaka

2 comments:

Yo. Welcome to Bengaluru, I suppose.

Once I paid 115 rupees for a five hour bus journey from Sulthan Bathery to Bangalore. And once here, 150 rupees for the auto. Still tickles me. It happens I suppose.

June 15, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

hello! nice to hear from you.

June 16, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home