Banno and the boor

Beautiful Banno talks of being insulted by a bore (the insult thus doubled). What is it with people? Why can't they shut the fuck up?

In response to Banno: Dude, my acne, the worst acne in the world... the fat, almost the worst fat in the world, I had heard so many jaw-dropping comments about it that when I was 14 I made a bet with my mother that even in a Trappist monastry I would be given skin care catechism by wildly gesturing monks. Guess what? The Omani librarian in my school who spoke not a word of English did actually tell me what to do with my face. I think it involved camel pee but I am not sure since she was miming.

About the nasty retort thought up too late you are in good company (Sur apart).

Forget it Banno. People are shits and you are too well brought up. There's no contest. You have to have a tiny, small mind like mine to have the perfect mean response. That comes with its own social catastrophes.

One of these days you will have so much cumulative rage that some unsuspecting fool (I pray that it's a Mallu man with a beard at a film festival) will get IT (as they say)!

8 comments:

You are a PAL. I'd gladly dump my good breeding for a while, and train in elevator style rudeness.

December 9, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Insights like this one are welcome inspiration for us ad people

December 9, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

why are you against bearded, mallu, festival attending males? most would probably be drunk, doped and pals of mine. most would have beautiful eyes!
he could even be my husband ( not doped though- but very talkative).

about rudeness - can i send you a list of mean things said to me? you can mail me delicious rude retorts- and i will go and pin those offenders down and give them the retorts, never mind that they are ten years/ten months/ten days too late.

December 9, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

Slo gun: What ra? What is this utilitarian attitude?

sur: where are you sending these missives from? Are you in a dim hall in Dusseldorf?

December 9, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

back in bombay dear. and soon after writing this comment our sweet film studies mallu boy called to say that he has moved here! now you move here too...about time! i can finally become a mallu matron:)

December 9, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

I can't believe anyone would insult you OR Banno :-) I would give them a piece of my little mind were I there when it happened!!!!

December 10, 2008 at 3:52 AM  

Giggle. This is turning into a huff-fest.

December 10, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

I am very upset that you did not outline the nature of the rude comment and your pithy comeback.

i want!

also, you did not come for the reading. *sulk* (but good decision. it was hilariously bad).

December 12, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home