The Bookseller at Plaza, perhaps



If you've ever bought books from the bookseller next to Plaza in CP, now is a good time to step forward. He tells me that the MCD has asked him to leave 'because he is not on the Masterplan'. He told me in a sudden burst of English "Sabarwal is gone, but Sabarwal's ghost is ruling. The system never changes."

I have hopes for him since he has been around for nearly 4 decades and is the opposite of naive. Nevertheless, if you know something that he can do to help his situation then do drop by and let him know.

My latest buy at Plaza was Alan Bennett's The Clothes They Stood Up in: one of his long short stories.

2 comments:

His plays are so hilarious.

Hope today is better than the previous one! I think that's partly what sleep is for :-)

August 1, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

It is marginally thanks. And some conversations are better than sleep.

love

August 1, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home